Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For the argumentative essay I am taking the side against the use of greenwashing. I would focus on the obvious signs of greenwashing and the not-so-obvious greenwashing techniques that are common among almost every industry. As in my previous paper I want to present cases of greenwashing in the oil industry, food industry (including organic), personal care products, and hopefully find some more in-depth sources of greenwashing in other areas of consumption. After watching and reading parts of Food Inc, I could probably search more and use their information about how companies can get away with greenwash and the available options for choosing more ecologically-friendly items. I think it's important for this paper to have a strong voice against the deceiving companies and reveal what they are hiding or what they are trying to compensate for. I also really would like to find sources that are reliable and helpful in educating people on what to look for and how to avoid the "fake" products and choose the product that isn't hiding anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment